Having sous vide at home will help you in trying out the different type of restaurants tasty foods. In the line, today we are going to check out the recipe for yummy Chicken Wings in detail below.
Sous Vide Chicken Wings Recipe
For making these Chicken Wings Recipe, you will need to prepare some sauce before starting the preparation. Each of the sauce descriptions is for ten wings.
For Chicken wings, for explaining I have taken almost 40 split chicken wings and pepper/Salt for the seasoning. Now let’s check out how to prepare the sauce for the sous vide recipe.
Honey Garlic Sauce
Here are some of the ingredients you needed for preparing the honey garlic sauce.
Chopped Garlic – 3 Cloves
Chopped Ginger – ½ inches nub
Honey – 2 tbsp
Soy Sauce – 1 tbsp
Pepper/Salt to taste
The making of sauce is very simpler; the first step is to mix all the above ingredients and keep it aside, take one tablespoon of this mixture for tossing.
Aji Amarillo Sauce
The second sauce you need for preparing the chicken wings recipe is the Aji Amarillo and following are the ingredients you need for making the sauce.
Aji Amarillo Peppers – 3
Aji Amarillo Paste – 4 tbsp
Chopped white onion – ½
Chopped Garlic – 2 cloves
White Vinegar – 2 tbsp
Olive Oil – 1 tbsp
Pepper and salt for the taste
Take a pan and then saute the onion, pepper, and garlic in the medium heat, once the peer is softened and onions have turned translucent you off it. In the case of using the Aji Amarillo Paste, you can skip the first step. Now transfer the above things to the blender and then add salt, vinegar, pepper as required and then blend well until it gets smoothened.
Take 2 tbsp of the above mixture to toss separately.
I would like to remind you guys to be careful while preparing this sauce as they are so hot to deal with. Here are the ingredients you need to make the sauce.
Habanero Pepper – 6
White Vinegar – 3 tbsp
Butter/Oil – 1 tbsp
Transfer the above ingredients to the blender and start blending until it gets the smooth texture, reserve 1 tbsp for tossing.
New York Butter Sauce
Proceed below to find the ingredients required to make this sauce
Classic Franks or any hot sauce – 4 tbsp
Butter – 2 tbsp
You just need to combine both and place in the vac-pac bags, make sure you are saving the 1 tbsp of hot sauce for the purpose of tossing.
The important step is to sous vide the chicken and the ingredients. Here are the steps below for performing it.
- Make sure the sous vide temperature is set to 160F
- You have done four different sauces so that you can create four types of separate vacuum seal bags.
- Place the chicken wings in each of the bags and make use of the sauce over the wings and then vacuum seal.
- Once the desired temperate is reached in the sous, vide, place all the vacuum seal bags inside and make it cook for four hours.
- Before that, you need heat the broiler to 500F and then with the help of the parchment line the baking sheet.
- Now remove the vacuum seal bags from the water bath carefully and then cut it down to open the bag, now drain the excess liquid in the bag.
- In the baking sheet, place the wings and broil for about 15 minutes.
- Remove the wings from oven and toss them with the sauce you have stored it for the tossing purpose.
- Now you can serve the chicken wings with blue cheese dip and veggies.
Try out the recipe by following the above instruction, and I assure you are going to take a yummy and tasty Chicken Wings.
Any thoughts or queries on the recipe are welcome.
Have you ever tried chicken wings in your home with sous vide?